Poatina, is a former Hydro village, nestled in the Northern Midlands looking back towards Cressy and Longford. Approx 45 minutes drive from Launceston, 1:15 hr from Devonport, 2 hours from Hobart.
Upon arrival you could mistake this quiet little town to that of a ghost town, however there is an abundance of activity around. The view Cafe, tea rooms and licensed golf club hold refreshments and food, the local hall, community centre, arts gallery provide things to do. The locals are all lovely.
Not far up the hill is the great lakes.
There is quite comfortable accommodation within the village.
Please take notes.
1. It will be cold, pack acordingly.
2. The prologue and main events are all on private property, please respect and place any rubbish in bins provided or take it with you.
3. Wear appropriate footwear, it is winter, the properties are most likely wet and slippery.
4. DO NOT assist the bikes, although it may look like they need help it is far too easy to get tangled up in moving and hot parts. We want you to get home in 1 piece.
5. Enjoy your day, sign on and off the shuttle bus so we know you are safely home.
6.Enjoy your day.
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MISS THE BUS. Last bus will leave as announced on the day.